During the height of my Lunasol mania, I found in my stash three out of five palettes released from the Blooming Eyes/Layer Bloom Eyes collection from many seasons ago. This was a rare occasion for I do not believe in hoarding many colors of the same style. Suffice it to say I was in a foggy state of mind when I also bought Lunasol Blooming Eyes in Red Gradation.
I dare say I do not entirely regret it. Aside from the usual mention of the top-notch accessories included (two dual-ended brush/sponge tips and a generously-sized mirror), these four rose-toned shadows could be my surprise favorite of the Blooming Eyes lot. Clockwise from the upper left is a pale white pink highlighter, followed by a muted rosy pink with a smidgen of brown, below that a dark eggplant with evident pink bases, and the star color to its left, a pink shade with just a touch of red and gold.
Here they are in their silky glory. Pink/red eyeshadows are easy to overdo which result in rabbit eyes or worse, a seeming allergic reaction (at least that is what I discovered on my yellow Asian skin tone). The key is to apply in small quantities at a time and stop when the colors appear flattering.
Swatched above, in darker light. These aren't as chalky as the Purple Gradation, or the Orange Gradation.They are also more pigmented. I believe the subtle golden flecks give an advantageous dimension to the shadows and make them more alluring. Overall, I found this rose palette to be worth a second look.
This is a gorgeous palette~
ReplyDeleteThanks PopBlush, this palette took its time to grow on me :)
ReplyDelete