Sunday, July 24, 2011

Naruko Narcissus Total Defense Night Gelly

Naruko's Night Gelly series has gained popularity as an overnight mask/moisturizer. There are other kinds of Naruko Night Gellies with hydrating, whitening, or firming functions. The Narcissus is an anti-aging range targeting all skin types. 
It comes in a simple sturdy box. Since it is a homegrown Taiwanese brand, it is introduced mainly in Traditional Chinese text. I've only put my trust in Japanese, French, and lately, Korean skincare, but after reading up on Taiwan's Naruko created by famous beauty guru Niu-er, it came across as a solid brand that put a premium on extensive research and safe efficacy. After using the Narcissus Total Defense Night Gelly for over a month, I can understand why it is such a widely accepted product despite its young presence in the beauty industry.
Welcoming the Night Gelly. I could see the lavender print that would form part of a recycled box.  This inner side of the carton is smoother than the outer part.
The product comes in a generous 60ml jar. This is a welcome change as I usually get 30ml, at most 50ml of moisturizer with other brands. The violet jar is quite heavy on its own, and I like the luxurious feel of it. The label has smooth edges and sticks properly too. The font also goes well with the brand. The reason why I'm marveling at these small details is because even though Naruko rivals many department store brands in terms of product quality and packaging, it is also easy on the pocket.
Introduced as an overnight mask, it works wonders as an evening moisturizer for me. I haven't found the need to conduct my bi-weekly sheet mask routine since using this product. 
There's a white round plastic lid separating the product from the screw cap cover. 
The translucent mask is thick and gooey at first touch like jelly paste indeed, but I would recommend a big dollop for the entire face as it applies light and watery. There are a few things I require in a basic moisturizer for my sensitive, oily skin type. One is for it to moisturize my skin without drying it out or oiling it up more than necessary. The Narcissus Total Defense Night Gelly provides me with effective balanced moisturizing. I wake up with skin that feels smooth and looks even, without breakouts caused by the product. I would mention that I also apply serum and specific treatment products prior to this Night Gelly (I will review them in a separate post). This Night Gelly seals those products in properly, additionally providing excellent hydration on its own. This is the virtue of Night Gelly. Hydrated skin looks naturally more plump and well-rested.  I could definitely see the less-than-desirable difference in the morning on times I skip this product. It's an indispensable finishing skin care step for my nighttime routine.
It comes with a a white spatula. I like the size and curves of this one.
Application insrtuctions in Chinese.
 Ingredients list.
Maximizing product life: how to transform your Naruko carton.
Ta-da!

No comments:

Post a Comment