There was a time when I was battling bad breakouts because of certain toxic skincare products (Vitacreme B12, hear?). I was also stubborn enough to plough through with my own skincare "remedies," but nothing seemed to work. After some intensive research, Clarins Skin Beauty Repair Concentrate seemed to be the best bet on my skin woes at that time.
I received this tiny miracle as a generous gift (thanks S), and it is one of the best skincare products I've encountered. I've actually stuck to Clarins skincare for a good few years and found it to be effective, but strayed at one time or another because of the innumerable temptations on the beauty market. I remember how my skin felt the first time using this product. It felt softer and calmer than ever. This feeling of a product working is more pronounced when skin has been suffering for some time.

It comes in a white 15ml glass bottle. It is surprising how little product there is, but since it is oil, I only ever use one pump for the entire face. This oil does not feel greasy as it would normally be imagined. In fact, it settles quickly on the skin and dries comfortably. While this did not cure my then skin problems, it definitely set my skin in the right direction. After visiting my dermatologist and being diagnosed with rosacea, this is one of the only two products that she retained on my skincare list.
Now, I use this twice a week as maintenance. I can really see the difference the next day when I use this product. My skin feels softer and is subtly more radiant. One complaint is that the pump lacks a "springy" quality, which can make it hard to maneuver and if I'm not careful, the oil can splatter all over when it's pushed down. This can be avoided with extra care.
Overall, this is a great staple treatment to use on any one's regimen, especially for sensitive skin. I have oily, breakout-prone skin suffering from rosacea, and this product is like a vitamin for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment