There is something delicious about mousse foundations. It reminds my sweet tooth of cakes and pastries. I couldn't resist to see whether Bourjois' Mineral Matte Mousse Foundation fits my dessert bill.
It comes in a tiny glass jar with a screw-cap cover. I like that it packs a punch albeit the small size. It fits right in my palm which also makes it very convenient for travel. Here it is in all its moussy goodness:
The mousse has a softy, fluffy texture that, because of its novelty compared to liquids and powders, is enjoyable to put on. A little dab can cover a whole cheek area. The finish is matte and soft, with medium coverage. The mousse is on the left, blended out on the right. While it might look darker and yellower on my hand, it blends well into my face (NC20). It also suits my oily skin and does not make it greasier like other liquid foundations. The light texture also agrees with the fussy skin on my face. I didn't experience any redness or pimples after using this. I can attribute this to its simple formula (a very short ingredient list that even my dermatologist approved of).
When I purchased it in Hong Kong two years ago, their promo included a free brush.
The brush is especially made for this mousse foundation. Together they make a great pair. The bristles are soft and firm and aids in blending the foundation seamlessly. The foundation can also be applied with fingers with good results, but I find using this brush gives a more flawless finish because it buffs the foundation onto the skin more.
Overall this is one of the best foundations I have tried for my oily, reactive skin. For a French drugstore brand, I am quite impressed that it can hold its own against many other expensive lines. I will continue to look out for more products from Bourjois.
Ingredient list:
hey could u plz tell me which shade would be suitable for dusky skin with yellow undertone?
ReplyDeleteHi Kuheli,
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by. There are many shades to choose from on Bourjois' website (http://www.bourjois.co.uk/catalog/make_up/complexion/foundation/healthy_mix_foundation), most of which seem to lean on the yellow/neutral undertone, except for maybe 51 Vanille Clair, which looks more pink-toned. Do have a look-see.