The bottle boasts of skin-friendly ingredients that are free of harsh chemicals. Although it is not marketed such, Simple strikes as a brand that caters to sensitive skin.
Above is a dollop of the moisturizer. It's a white liquid that is quite thick but still runny in texture. I bought this face moisturizer with the intention of using it as an under eye cream. It took some patting for this to absorb into the eye area because of its liquid-y nature.
In eye creams, I try to look for products that address my foremost concerns: dryness and dark under eye circles. After testing the Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser out for over a month, I had to conclude that it did nothing for both my eye area problems. My dark circles were obviously darker than when I was using my staple eye cream (Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Eye Contour Cream). Neither did it moisturize my under eye area. In fact, I felt that it dried out that area a bit. I do remember cetyl stearyl alcohol (a known irritant, but commonly found in skincare products) listed as one of the ingredients on the box.
I do like the design of the bottle though. I found it to be fuss-free without sacrificing on functionality. The hard plastic screw cap is made of good material. The small hole where the product is squeezed out of is a good way to keep it sanitized.
Failing as an eye cream, I dared not test this out as a face moisturizer. It is not wasted though, for I am now using this as a body lotion and I must say, it is working wonderfully well! It delivers just the right moisture level and does not leave a greasy film. Having said that, I wouldn't be purchasing this again just to use on the body though.
No comments:
Post a Comment