Little Round Pot Blush is probably the most recognized product in Bourjois' lineup. This is no wonder as the product has been around for over a century. No other packaging says "Paris, France" like these pot blushes.
16 Rose Coup de Foudre translates as Pink Lightning. This interesting blush was gifted by an old friend (thanks E). 03 Brun Cuivre, or Copper Brown is something I brought home from Hong Kong two years ago.
These blushes exhibit a soft, powdery texture because they are baked. The color of the packaging is matched to the product shade, which is a convenient and practical touch.
The cute round mirror, while of not much use, is of good quality and add to the overall chic elegance of the packaging. The blush also comes with a scratchy crescent-shaped brush and an instruction sheet. The brush did not serve its purpose as it is oddly shaped and the poor quality of the bristles applied color too heavily. The hair is also very rough on the skin. I have disposed of them since they are no good.
Rose Coup de Foudre is actually more peach than pink. This shade imitates the cheeks' natural flush and is extremely flattering on most skin tones. There is a glimmer of sheen on the skin when applied which makes the product more three-dimensional. I like this shade and find it one of the best peach-pink blushes in the market.
I was attracted to Brun Cuivre during a nude-obsession phase. This shade is not overly brown. It has a slight orange mixed in which is what makes it more forgiving in my observation. It tones down the redness on cheeks while giving it a subtle color that is not flat, thanks to the slight shimmers. It can work its magic into creating a polished, sophisticated look.
This range of blushes from Bourjois are deserving of their long-standing fame. They offer beautiful shades in a wide range of colors. The price is reasonable also, and for the quality it offers, is well worth having in one's collection. There are twelve shades in all.
I have also reviews 33 Lilas d' Or in Makeupalley.
I was looking at the 03 one. I love it and have tried it out on my hand but I wondered, did it come out quite glittery and dark, especially if you have a fair/ light tan complextion like me? x Thanks, E x
ReplyDeleteHello E-Bot,
ReplyDelete03 Brun Cuivre has slight shimmers but they are not the chunky, glittery type. It applies sheerly but is definitely build-able. I think the color would show up well on fair/light tan complexions.
Thanks for stopping by :)
16 ROSE COUP DE FOUDRE is perfect! I just bought it, and I AM SO HAPPY for fair skin is perfect! :))
ReplyDeleteHello Siberian Husky,
DeleteBourjois' 16 Rose Coup de Foudre is one of the most flattering peach/pink blushes I've tried. I'm glad you like it as much as I do!
Thanks for stopping by :)