Friday, July 8, 2011

Shiseido Tsubaki Shining Hair Mask

Shiseido's famous Tsubaki haircare series is inspired by the camellia. The Tsubaki brand claims to include camellia oil extracts in its ingredients which make hair beautiful and healthy. There are three ranges: Shining (red), Damage Care (white), and Head Spa (yellow) with their own full lineup of shampoos, conditioners, and hair treatments.
Tsubaki Shining Hair Mask with Tsubaki Oil EX is meant to be used as a weekly treatment mask that nourishes hair by replenishing it with moisture. I've had mine for over two years and I still have a few good uses left. It's amazing how far this 180g product stretched out when used once a week.
The product come in a deep tub with a screw-cover cap. It's a thick, yellow substance that has a very rich texture. One small scoop is enough to cover an entire head of medium-length hair. I apply hair treatments beginning three inches below the scalp, typically avoiding the area above that and the scalp itself. I find that the first three inches of hair doesn't need repair as it's an area with relatively new hair growth, and my scalp itself is too sensitive to take in any rich product.
I put this on for about five minutes in the shower and though I think it should be applied on for longer, I can't be bothered. Rinsing takes around another good five minutes to cleanse out the product completely. I notice my hair looks healthier each time after use. This products makes my hair softer, shinier, and much smoother (but there are still some frizzy strands of hair). Overall, this is an effective product otherwise I wouldn't be diligently using this once a week for more than two years. It does not have the months-long effect of salon treatments, but I am quite satisfied with the weekly repair it provides as I definitely see solid results each time.

2 comments:

  1. I did try on their shampoo and conditioner before this.. My hair came out with such lovely scent after using it... But the 'miracle' has disappeared in next morning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Shiseido's Tsubaki is a lovely scent. This mask makes my hair softer and shinier on that same day, but the effect is not the same the day after. I definitely see a difference when I skip this product (even once a week) though. Somehow my hair seems more calmed and repaired when I include this in my routine. Would love to try out their shampoo and conditioner some time!

    ReplyDelete