Wednesday, July 20, 2011

E.L.F Wet Gloss Lash and Brow Clear Mascara

In my search for a cheap clear mascara for eyebrow use, I chanced across E.L.F. Wet Gloss Lash and Brow Clear Mascara. Many good words have been said about this clear eyebrow and eyelash duo.
I think because for its very cheap $1 tag in the U.S., this has won the hearts of many. It's a great multi-purpose product that tackles both lash and brow in one tube. This dual-ended design also makes makeup application more sanitary as sometimes the clear mascara can change color (because of mixing with other makeup) and stain over time, especially if used for the brows. You can see this happening in the picture above on the left side (eyebrow side). 
The brushes are extremely hard and stiff and can definitely hurt the delicate area around the eyes, if you are not careful. But I find that it did a good job in setting my eyebrows and coating my lashes. I bought this for around $3 here in Manila, and though it is way more expensive than U.S. retail price I thought it worth a buy since I've never seen any brand come up with a 2-in-1 clear mascara. This is what I really like about the product. 
However, after over a month of usage, it started to smell different. I am not sure whether I got an old product that was near its expiration, but I find one month pretty fast for a clear mascara to surrender. This product is made in China too, so I would be more wary. After some more sniffing, I decided it was a bad kind of funky smell. Sadly, I had to cut short the affair and off to the trash it went. 
If stiff bristles and a short expiry date are not an issue for mascaras, you will find that this product really does set the eyebrows and coat the lashes well, and I would definitely recommend this product on those points.

No comments:

Post a Comment