Chacott is a company that specializes in ballet outfits and is also known for its Loose Finishing Powder. The powder received cult status after it was included in cosme.net's annual rankings. Recently, I find loose powders to be an indispensable part of my daily makeup routine as it evens out the complexion, protects the skin, and keeps my oily skin matte without the heavy and clogging properties of most foundations.
Although it is quite hard to get hold of, my curiosity was piqued with the many positive reviews of this product on the internet. I ordered a 30g jar over at ichibankao.com including two powder puffs that are nothing to rave about.
This powder in 766 or OC02 as listed on the website is too dark for my NC20 skin. It was a bit disappointing as I thought it would be a correct match for I also use OC02 in Lunasol.
Aside from the off-color match, the powder's quality is a desirable feature given the selling price in Japan. It is very finely milled, but not as silky as department store-brand loose powders. This is no cause for complaint as it is fine enough and does not cake on the skin or clump into rough bits. The color here looks much lighter than it appears. This shade would be perfect for NC25 up, I think. The oil control is also commendable. With this, I would usually start oiling up in 4~5 hours after application, which stretches my usual "oil-up" period quite a bit (1~2 hours).
I would gladly try out the lighter shade in 764 or the translucent one in 763 if I can purchase it in Japanese retail price. But I do not think it is worth spending another ¥2100 (price for no powder puffs included) yonder at ichibankao.com when the normal rate is only ¥1260. This is not to say that Chacott is of poor quality. In fact, it is very good quality for its regular retail price. Perhaps when I have the chance to visit Japan one day, I can finally stock up on more Chacott loose powders.
No comments:
Post a Comment