Long and Curl Mascara by Kiss Me Heroine Make has garnered a steady fan base. I've bought many volumizing mascaras from Lunasol, Fairy Drops, BeneFit, so I thought to try something new and gave this lengthening version a go.
It is packaged in a simple light maroon tube that brings to memory old Shanghai or Beijing, perhaps because I always associate red hues with China. After I remind myself that it is a Japanese brand, the kawaii elegance comes through. For me, Japanese brands win hands-down on product design among the many cosmetic brands all over the world.
The plastic brush is curved to help deliver a curl on the lashes. The formula is fibrous as can be observed on the tip of the brush. Initially I was applying it using the upper curved part as shown on the picture and found not much curling action. When I decided to turn it over and run the convex part on the lashes instead, there was slight improvement. While my lashes were more defined and somewhat longer and curlier, I didn't see considerable results that put a positive impact on my overall look. It coats the lashes in thick black liquid but also leaves it dry and spidery. It stays smudge free and is quite hard to remove with the eye makeup remover I use which is Kose's Softymo Super Point Make Up Remover.
Overall, this is a basic mascara. The one compliment I can give is that it does not travel/smudge thus avoiding the dreaded panda eyes. This can work nicely for girls who have naturally thick and long lashes. It does not help those (un)blessed with sparse and fine hair. The best mascara I have tried yet is Clinique's High Impact Curling Mascara which gives my lashes the definite boost they need by curling, defining, and glossing them beautifully without dryness or the hard-to-remove dilemma.
No comments:
Post a Comment