Rose & Co. is a British apothecary known for balms and salves. I picked this Sweet Vanilla Salve with Beeswax and Honey at Boots during my trip to Oxford.
It comes in a round tin 20g container reverberating a vintage feel.
It will take forever to finish as there is quite a lot of product in the container. This salve is supposed to be used on the lips. It smells like sweet honey which is my cup of tea. It doesn't sink into the lips but leaves an obvious film which I find quite uncomfortable. Even for an evening balm, it is too troublesome to sleep with a lip balm/salve that is thick and floating on the lips. To its credit, I did wake up with smooth lips in the morning.
If you don't mind thick lip balms, I would recommend this product because it really does its job of softening and moisturizing the lips. Also, be aware that some people are allergic or irritable to cera alba (beeswax), as I recently found myself to be in a patch test. Many lip products, and even some BB Creams contain beeswax, so do check the ingredients properly before investing. I didn't have particularly adverse reactions from using this product, except for a few red spots around the mouth which disappeared when I washed the product off. These concerns aside, I think Rose & Co. offers a solid lineup of their products.
No comments:
Post a Comment