Monday, July 11, 2011

Shiseido Fine Toiletry Hand Cream

Hand cream is something I am always running out of. While I generally do not practice impulse buying, the bug usually catches me overseas when everything feels "now or never." It was one of those moments in SaSa when I spotted a glass jar stocked full with this Hand Cream while checking out at the cashier. I looked at the HK$20 tag, grabbed one and off it went with my other purchases.
I knew i wouldn't be blown away. After all, it is from Shiseido's FT (Fine Toiletry) line, which is the brand's humble drugstore offering. I was sure it was not going to be bad, but I also knew it was going to be basic, just like my one-time FT Cleasing Oil favorite.
The white translucent gel feels very light, quite different from the many hand creams I am accustomed to. I honestly didn't expect it to provide moisture. Blended out on bare hands it leaves a slight sticky film that eventually dissipates. While it did not moisturize my hands, I felt that it hydrated them. In face care analogy, this hand cream is a balancing water or a light serum as opposed to a cream. I am surprised though, for when I wake up in the morning my hands are noticeably softer and some lines are smoother. During the course of the day my hands go back to their original state after some labor, but this product always restores them unfailingly.
From my experience with Shiseido's FT products, I can glean that it offers reliable products at reasonable prices. While I would like to try other brands of hand creams (because there is so much out there), I wouldn't mind revisiting this one once in a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment