Friday, May 27, 2011

Lunasol Blooming Eyes 03 Purple Gradation

Lunasol belongs to Kanebo's more sought-after brands and also happens to be one of my instant favorites. It all started with Lunasol's powder foundation and eye makeup base. Their eyeshadows also attract a lot of attention, although I personally think they make better bases, eyeliners, and mascaras. 

Blooming Eyes or Layer Bloom Eyes in 03 Purple Gradation:


I believe only the two main colors are worthwhile in all Lunasol quads. In this case: the light lilac on the first row, and the darker lilac on the second row. Both apply so sheer. They are not buttery soft. Actually they are quite hard. Frankly, I expected something better from a Japanese department store brand. Below are swatches, layered at least three times to achieve the colors. 


However, if you don't mind slowly layering eye shadows, this palette is good because of its uniquely sedate but interesting outcome. The shades are more lilac than purple. Here is a great review done by PJ on A Touch of Blusher. I think these lilac shades especially flatter Asians yellow undertones. The dark liner is wanting in staying power. The glitter shades are better layered over the lilacs for shimmery effect as opposed to highlighting the brow bone because it can hardly be seen there.




Worth looking into if you are a violet-family shadow fan.

I also reviewed Blooming Eyes in 05 Orange Gradation on Makeupalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment