It comes in a standard black tube with gold imprints. The cap is carved with a princess-inspired design.
The packaging features this mascara as a deep black shade.
This is the first mascara I've seen that features both brush and plastic in one wand.
Additional information for those who understand Japanese.
Using the diagrams as guide, I applied the plastic side to separate my lashes, and then proceeded to use the fluffier brush side to curl and add volume to them.
The inky blackness of the mascara truly gave my lashes a deep, dark, sooty look. It also left a delicious glossy finish that made my lashes look healthier. I found that it curled and gave volume to my lashes, but did not separate them so well. My experience is that heavier mascaras tend to curl and give volume, while lighter ones either curl and lengthen or curl and separate. I haven't found a product that successfully did all three for my sparse, thin lashes. However, this mascara is infinitely better compared to Heroine Make's earlier Long & Curl Mascara release (reviewed here).
The Impact Frame & Curl Mascara stayed put without smudging for the 10 hours that I wore it and would have lasted longer if I hadn't called it a day. It wasn't easy to remove but I was able to get rid of most of it (not all though; I found some mascara on my lower lid in the morning) after patiently soaking my lashes with Biore Eye & Lip Makeup Remover. Overall, I found this mascara too heavy for my thin, brittle lashes and while it did give me a wide-awake look, the volumizing effect was obviously unnatural. For those with lush lashes that can carry the weight of heavily formulated mascaras, I can imagine how this can deliver fantastic results in terms of color, finish, and volume.
No comments:
Post a Comment