If there is one thing makeup manufacturers know all over the world, it is that formulating a foundation which is loved by crowds and crowds of people is almost unheard of. Scouring the annals of beauty reviews online, Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation appears to be that product which has won the hearts of many jaded foundation junkies who have tried everything from the most wallet-friendly makeup to purse-breaking ones.
This foundation comes in a lightweight plastic bottle. Unlike most foundation containers which make use of thin straw tubes, the mechanism works in such a way that the product is pumped up by a plastic plate all the way from the bottom to the dispenser on top. There is no product wastage with this kind of design, which, to be frank, is an ingenious idea worth emulating by other brands.
The dispenser pushes down easily and releases the perfect amount of foundation for my entire face in one full pump. The nozzle doesn't get clogged and is mess-free.
I got this in the second lightest shade 52 Vanilla, which is a perfect match for NC20. The foundation is yellow-based and works well for my Asian skin tone. The liquid is smooth in texture and has a refreshing fruity kind of smell.
Healthy Mix foundation spreads out evenly and provides medium coverage. It was able to cover the redness caused by rosacea on my cheeks. As to the claim of "up to 16-hours of glowing complexion and toned skin," I found some part of it to be true. I can't vouch for the 16 hours efficacy; I had it on for 13 hours and I'd say for the first 9 hours my skin looked even and radiant compared to not wearing this product. My face looked more toned indeed because the foundation was able to cover imperfections naturally while delivering a natural finish with a slight glow. I wouldn't say that this foundation keeps oil at bay, because even after setting it with NARS Loose Powder in Flesh, I had to blot by midday. Its moisturizing properties makes it an ideal foundation for those with normal and dry skin, but it would nevertheless work out for oily-skinned gals as long as it's set with a good powder.
Product ingredients.
Bourjois = made in France.
The French side of it. Overall, considering everything from the price to the quality, the pros greatly overweigh the cons, which makes the high success rate of this foundation hardly surprising. (Many thanks to S for this foundation.)
No comments:
Post a Comment