Friday, August 26, 2011

Bourjois French Manicure Kit in 93 Rose Naturel

I've always liked nail polish, French nails in particular, but have had sloppy results each time with my clumsy fingers. When I saw Bourjois' Manicure Kit, I thought this was the equivalent of French Nail Painting for Dummies. My kit came all the way from Boots in Oxford, and I must say it is quite a nifty set. (Thank you S, for this.)
Three bottles of polish are housed in one compact box. The instructions are clear, simple, and illustrations très chic!
It lists three easy steps beginning with the star polish, 93 French Rose Naturel, a light pink, featuring a special slanted brush for fool-proof application on the nail tips.
The diagrams are simple but very useful. 
The trio from left to right: French Manicure polish in 93 Rose Naturel for the nail tips, So Laque Ultra Shine in 28 Rose Lounge (trivia: Kate Middleton used this shade on her wedding day) as an all-over nail color, and Fixant Brilliant gloss fixer/topcoat. 
The back of them.
Above is what's special about the set. It was easy to create French nails with the help of the specially-cut brush of 93 Rose Naturel. I found slowly layering tiny amounts of polish made application more even and precise. For Rose Naturel, I was able to create tolerable results by applying a light coat on one half of the nail and turning it over to apply on the other half, then proceeded to repeat the process with another light coat. Then, I smoothed over Rose Lounge, and finished off with Fixant Brilliant. I simply followed all the instructions in the box and everything worked out.
The finished look one day after. The tips look white in the picture, but they are actually bright light pink. I would much like to try the other nail tip shade in 91 Blanc Glamour, which is a true French white. Overall, I am very satisfied with the Bourjois French Manicure Kit. All the polishes served their function, and they are very easy to use and apply. I would recommend this set to nail polish maestros and novices alike.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a great kit! Rose Lounge is a really pretty, natural shade and the specially-cut brush is a good idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nat, thanks for stopping by :) Yes, I agree Bourjois did it great with this nail polish kit. I do love visiting your blog, by the way.

    ReplyDelete