Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Nexcare Acne Dressing

While there is nothing enticing about the word "acne," when combined with "dressing" the word seems so much more tolerable. Together, the product name Nexcare Acne Dressing sounds a little bit delicious (the swine within) and promising enough for me to grab one.
The packaging features two smiling humans and a furious pimple. I suppose the pimple is upset because it is supposed to be killed off. 
The product is made by the famous Scotch tape and Post-It company, 3M. The patches come in a sterile paper pack which looks medicinal and very safe.
They come in two sizes -- 0.8 cm and 1.2 cm at 12 and 6 pieces, respectively. They are very easy to attach on pimple areas. I must say I prefer the bigger size at 1.2 cm because it covers a good part of breakouts. However, the smaller size is also useful for tiny pimples. The adhesives are not too sticky and do not tug on the skin at all. Actually, they need to be patted on for better adherence. In the morning, I would find most of them have traveled away from my face on to who-knows-where. They sometimes completely disappear only for me to spot them on my hair!

Below are the instructions.
The patches weren't able to get rid of my pimples in one night. So, if you are looking for an intensive pimple zapper, this product isn't it. In fact, I found the patches too mild because they didn't do much to get rid of my acne. It took about 3 consecutive nights of application for me to see some improvement, but even for that time the pimples weren't completely gone. I found myself going through the patches quite quickly, and considering the cost of this (around HK$30), it's quite steep for something that requires constant use to see some results.
In a nutshell, this didn't work out for me. Those with mild pimples may want to try this out though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment