Sun protection is one thing I learned early on since taking an interest in skincare. There is a saying "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." Sunscreens protect our skin presently and in the long run, and when diligently applied every day, will save us from acquiring freckles, sun spots, or the high cost of having these cosmetologically removed in the future.
The exposed parts of the body, such as the neck, arms, and legs, should be protected with sunblock every day as much as the face. I wouldn't mind spending more for my facial sunscreen, but I am more reluctant with body sunblock, simply because it is easy to use up. I have tried many Japanese drugstore sunscreens as body sunblocks, and while they were effective, most of them left my skin dry as Japanese products are notorious for including alcohol in their skincare/makeup. While scouring the shelves of Watsons one day, I chanced upon Dermplus Moisturizing Sunblock SPF 80.
It comes in a tube type packaging with a flip cover which I really appreciate for a body product. This kind of container keeps contents hygienic and is fuss-free to apply at the same time. Just click open, dab on various parts of the body, close cap -- all with one hand; no screwing or unscrewing of a cover and fiddling with multiple coordination required.
Dermplus Moisturizing Sunblock SPF 80's texture is soft and smooth. It spreads easily on the skin, unlike other body sunblocks I have tried such as Coppertone or Banana Boat, which had to be kneaded into the skin for the color to spread out and product to be absorbed. In the hot and tropical climate of Manila, I found this sunblock protected my skin from tanning and burning and helped it maintain its natural color. It is scent-free which is a big plus. I didn't experience any allergic reactions from it either. I also do not put on lotion on religiously, and this sunblock has helped keep my arms moisturized.
The sunblock leaves a slight sheen once spread out, which turns invisible in a matter of minutes. What I really like about this sunblock is that it is not sticky despite its very high SPF. I also didn't observe any white cast. It's quite surprising that Dermplus' other sunblocks which have lower SPFs at 24 and 35, dry to a stickier finish. Overall, I find this SPF 80 sunblock to be an elegant formula that serves its purpose successfully. The sales associate also said this can be used on the face as sunblock or as a primer. I haven't had the nerve to try it as such though, as my face suffers from rosacea and reacts unexpectedly. But for those with the good fortune of being blessed with normal facial skin, it is good to know that this sunblock has supreme texture and delivery.
The product description and ingredients. One tube lasts me about 3 months. At P349, this sunblock is a really good deal.
I highly recommend Dermplus Sunblock SPF 80 as well. I never leave home without applying it all over my body including my face. It's actually a nice base for make-up.
ReplyDeleteHello, I'm glad you like this sunblock as much as I do. It's already part of my daily routine and I am way into my second tube. Yes, I remember the S.A. did say this also works well as a primer. Thanks for commenting and hope to hear more from you :)
ReplyDeleteThis is one great review! I've been using dermplus sunblock for almost 3yrs now and I'm loving it even more when they came out w/ this spf80 one.For the price & quality,it's definitely a must have in every girls daily skincare routine.
ReplyDeleteHello Prettydentist,
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by :)
Dermplus SPF80 has been one of my best skin care finds. Still using it up to this day! It's good to know you like it too.
My skin is so sensitive..and am so glad when i dropped by at watsons i came across Dermplus SPF35 then Dermplus SPF80 it's much better..my beauty regimen will not be complete without putting on Dermplus sunblock i've been using it for almost 3 years now,doing good on my skin.. i like it and will never change:)
ReplyDeleteHello Anonymous,
ReplyDeleteI'm really glad to hear you like this sunblock too. It's surprising how many people have expressed their positive feedback on Dermplus SPF80, even if it's not heavily advertised. Good products really do get around - hope they'll keep this up for a long, long time!
Thanks for stopping by :)