Soap & Glory is a British brand of toiletries that offers great value for quality. From the Pink Big Set of Christmas 2010 (thanks to S) which included an assortment of S&G goodies, I got to test Flake Away Body Scrub.
Witty phrases are a staple in S&G products.
It has the signature S&G scent which I find quite cloying (not found in their shampoo and other body scrub). The product contains sea salt, peach seed powder, sugar, and a host of other moisturizing ingredients.
The huge, sturdy 300ml plastic tub is quite heavy. The consistency of the scrub/polish is not too pasty or liquid-y which makes it easy to spread all over the body. Other than that, there is really nothing good I can say about this body scrub despite the many rave reviews on it. The grains are very harsh against my (sensitive) skin, leaving it red and slightly raw after use. As if that were not bad enough, the product couldn't be completely washed off. There was a stubborn sticky residue left on the skin despite many minutes of trying to rinse the product off. I found using it to be a complete waste of time and water, not to mention an icky feeling of petroleum all over the body.
It was no wonder, as I found Petrolatum to be on top of the ingredient list after using this product. Seriously, this is the worst body scrub I have ever encountered. It would be best to stay away if you have sensitive skin, or if you dislike the feeling of unclean, sticky substance on your body long after rinsing properly in the bath. Not all S&G products are of such bad quality though. In fact, I quite love their Glad Hair Day Shampoo, and also recommend The Breakfast Scrub, a much better alternative to this Flake Away.
No comments:
Post a Comment