By far I've only tried two eyeshadow bases; while Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion didn't work for me, I found Lunasol's Eyelid Base exceptional. I didn't want to splurge on another pan of it because there is a reformulation due for release this autumn. I figured the next best thing is to try out I Nuovi's "eyeshadow perfecting base."
The product, simply called Eyebase, comes in a plain nude-colored, no-frills tube with a screw-cap cover.
The Eyebase contains a generous 15ml of product, which is quite a lot for an eyeshadow base. The pointed tip is also helpful in controlling the amount of product to be dispensed.
It is light beige with a gel-type texture. I can't imagine when this will run out since just a dab is already enough to prep the eyelids.
It feels a little bit gooey when spread out. I guess that sticky characteristic is what helps eyeshadows adhere to it.
I didn't experience any irritation using this product. I am also glad that it's fragrance-free.
And that it doesn't contain any animal products.
It is interesting to note that this Italian product was formulated and manufactured in Japan. Below is the ingredient list.
It's priced at HK$175, which isn't really cheap, but it does its job and it does contain a lot of product. Overall, I am happy with this purchase and wouldn't mind recommending this to anyone who wants to extend the wear of their eyeshadows.
No comments:
Post a Comment