Wednesday, April 10, 2013

M.A.C. Prep+Prime Moisture Infusion

After an unsuccessful attempt with MAC's Lightful Marine-Bright Formula Moisturizer, I set my sights on MAC's latest birth of a serum, Prep+Prime Moisture Infusion. In Hong Kong's winter weather, this was recommended by MAC as the better serum to use as it keeps in moisture properly. 
Shiny black galactic cardboard box. 
I've never seen a 50ml serum before; usually they come in 30ml's. 
Application instructions.
One pump produces a whitish, transparent glob. 
Blended in. 
I would say this is an average serum. It's supposed to prep the skin for makeup functioning as a primer and serum in one, but again, the hybrid seems not to be working out. Somehow I need three to four pumps to moisturize my face, and even at that it doesn't leave my skin soft and supple. There is a slight rough texture still after this sinks in. Perhaps because it serves two opposite purposes that's why it functions oddly. Moisturizing and priming can be two totally separate steps. I top this off with Sunkiller's Kid's Milk, and as that sunscreen can be quite drying, the combination has not been the best for my skin. One plus is I didn't break out from this product. It is tolerable now, but not spectacular; I doubt I'd be purchasing again in the future. This serum/primer will probably work better for dry skin types.
Ingredients list. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm planning to buy this soon for primer use. The MAC lady used this on me as a foundation primer and I loved it. But as a moisturizer alone I think it wouldn't be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bharti,

      I was introduced to it as a serum/moisturizer, thus my failed expectations. I agree it would work better as a primer because of its mattifying properties. Thanks for stopping by! : )

      Delete