Friday, April 12, 2013

M.A.C. Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack and Dipdown

Oh, MAC, how must I think thee? You were my 19th birthday surprise -- an introduction to the world of makeup. You opened solace for dark times, a celebration for happier days, and a whole new perpective on beauty on the human face. Yet you disappoint me more often than not. But, how can I not turn back and revisit time and again?
I'm not new to Fluidline; it was the first gel liner I tried in shades Macroviolet and Rich Ground (Why [horror and amazement] do I still remember the shade names?). They were great, and I liked them better than Bobbi Brown's version. 
Top view.
Uncapped, here in their glass pots. 
Blacktrack top, Dipdown bottom: sooty dark black and deep brown. They are heavily, heavily pigmented and a brush's lightest stroke would deliver a clear line on the lids. Glides on easily with no tugging. Colors are subjective, but to me MAC's translation of black and brown here are just what I envisioned my black and brown liners to be. My only problem is, and this one's a dealbreaker, is they smudge onto my undereyes in no time, which didn't occur before with the other shades. They did seem to be harder though. Perhaps I should wait for these to harden more. In any case, if smudging is not a common problem for you and you take your liner seriously, I highly recommend these Fluidlines. 
Back of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment