It's easy to overlook MAC's skincare line, given that the brand is better known for makeup. While looking for a cleansing oil replacement, MAC uncharacteristically popped to mind -- and I went off to acquaint myself with its Cleanse Off Oil.
It comes in a white box embossed with countless MAC on the outer packaging.
Don't forget the "Back 2 MAC" program; exchange three empty MAC containers for a free lipstick.
The product is packaged snugly.
The clear plastic bottle makes it easy to see how much product is left.
This pale yellow, lightly scented cleansing oil removes light to medium makeup well, but not as thoroughly as say, Ipsa or Shu Uemura. Although I haven't tried using it on its own, I think it is still necessary to follow up with a foaming/cream cleanser (double cleanse) to thoroughly remove all residue. It is very light in consistency, and should be a nice alternative to heavier oils for oily to combination skin types. However, I always have trouble with blurred vision after using this because the product somehow manages to enter my eyes no matter how tightly I shut them. This rarely occurred with other cleansing oils I've used before. Given its pricepoint, it also doesn't provide adequate skincare benefits. I would expect softer skin after washing with this, of which I have experienced with other brands. Otherwise, this makes a nice, basic cleansing oil -- but sadly, too basic for my tastes.
Turn-lock.
More.
Ingredients list.




No comments:
Post a Comment