Thursday, September 15, 2011

Rose & Co. Apothecary's Rose Petal Salve

My first introduction to Rose & Co. Apothecary was by PJ of A Touch of Blusher, a UK-based beauty blog by one of the best writers I've come across online. I remember reading her positive review of the well-established Rose Petal Salve.  
It comes in a simple, attractive pale pink tin container with beautiful lettering and rose illustrations. The handy round can contains a lot of product at 20g. At £5 this is well worth it and I'll tell you why in the next few paragraphs. I've also reviewed another product by Rose & Co. Apothecary, Sweet Vanilla Salve, in a separate post. Fortunately, I didn't experience any irritation with Rose Petal as I did with the Sweet Vanilla variant.
Rose Petal Salve is pictured darker than its actual shade, which is a pale translucent red. The texture is quite thick and the formula is very emollient. The can states that it is "an excellent all-round salve." I can't vouch for the "all-round" part for I am wary to experiment on other parts of my face, but I can sing a week-long's praises for what it has done for my lips. I use it mainly as an overnight lip balm. It absorbs right away but still leaves a thin coating that reassures hydration. It's not tacky or sticky at all. It just sinks in comfortably and gives the general feeling of nourishment. I only use a little bit and it spreads generously over the entire lip area. In the morning, lip lines are smoother and my lips look plumper and younger. I can definitely see the difference between using and not using this salve on any given night.
Ingredients are listed above. This is a godsend, an exceptional product that I hope would never be discontinued or reformulated.

No comments:

Post a Comment