After successfully finishing my latest shampoo discovery, Soap & Glory's Glad Hair Day (love!), I hopped on to Aussie Mega. The shampoo is silvery white with a creamy consistency. It fills the bathroom with a soapy sweet (but not cloying) fragrance; it also lathers well. My hair did feel very clean after washing. The volumizing effects it delivered was also a big plus. I thought I found another perfect shampoo because it answered all of what I was looking for, but my forehead started breaking out after two days of use. I immediately eliminated all new products I was testing and went back to the basics except for this shampoo. After a two-week experimentation, I found the culprit. My breakouts cleared after I stopped using this product.
It contains SLS (sodium laureth sulfate) which causes irritation some people. I do not particularly break out from SLS, but I do find better results with shampoos which do not contain this dreaded ingredient. I notice the long list of ingredients also contains a ton of chemicals, which is always a bad sign for sensitive gals like me. I am guessing I am allergic/sensitive to one of these chemicals.
Rinses clean? Check. No build up? Check. Caused breakouts? Unfortunately, yes.
No comments:
Post a Comment