I've been reading a lot of good things about Pigeon's Pressed Baby Powder, especially the Japan release. The other variant, which is made in Indonesia, is available in two colors and comes in a mirrored compact. I shied away from these because I heard they caused breakouts.
The box is plain and looks medicinal. In fact, it states that this is a medicinal product. I am not sure as to what part of it medicates exactly, as the packaging is all in Japanese.
From the top.
On the side.
At the back, it states the product description, function, usage, and ingredients. I don't understand a word of it but I took my shot because this product is very popular for those with sensitive skin. Besides, if a baby's skin can handle it, I figured my intolerant skin surely could. The prices can't be faulted either; at P280 for a hefty 45g of product, this is a really affordable face powder for all the purported benefits and positive reviews it has been receiving.
It comes covered with a clear plastic.
The round compact has a smooth surface. It closes and opens with a purse-like clasp. The white plastic cover is flimsy and had a thin layer of oil on it when I first took it out from its clear plastic wrap. I am not sure where this greasiness came from, but it was easily removed with some wet wipes.
The back side is equipped with a U-shaped part that I am guessing is for the easy dislodging of the powder pan from its case.
This compact holds no mirror. The only thing separating the sponge and the powder is a clear plastic cut-out. The sponge is very thin with a soft texture. Although it does not pick up powder easily, as the powder by itself is pressed on very hard, it gives more coverage than a brush would.
There are more Japanese text on the separator for those who could understand.
Here is the powder in all its whiteness. It is a huge pan that I am not used to. The expansive circumference made it enjoyable to swirl a brush on or swipe the sponge to my heart's content. Honestly, 45g of pressed powder is a lot. Added to the fact that one does not need so much of this product to complete a powdered face, this compact can last for more than a year with every day use. The texture is very gritty; if you are looking for fine, silky smooth powder, then do not attempt to purchase. Also, I brought this powder along with me on a weekend trip, intending to use it solely for slight cover and as a mattifier, and after two days of using it, my skin totally broke out. My skin has protested into small and big pimples, rough and uneven surface. It has been two weeks of nightmare.
I always wanted to believe that products that come with low price tags are actually worth keeping, but the more I test them, the more I end up inflicting self-damage. I learned that quality is usually compromised with cheaper products because they use worse ingredients. While expensive products aren't guaranteed to keep skin safe from breakouts, more often than not, through my experience, I get what I pay for. Yes, this Pigeon Baby Pressed Powder turned my ideal shade of translucent and kept my oily face matte for hours after application, but the unfavorable results that I had to suffer and pay for at the end of the day puts this powder on my beauty blacklist. It is only second to that vile tube of Vitacreme B12. My skin is still recovering from using these two products. Hypersensitive skin, stay, stay away from this powder!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment