Lunasol's Shining Face Color in Natural Bronze (EX 03) was a summer 2009 limited release. It comes in Lunasol's signature bronze casing.
Kanebo does not usually scrimp on Lunasol's design and materials, as can be seen with this palette. The first tier houses a very soft face brush. It lifts up to reveal a mirror of good quality.
The bottom tier keeps the face powder separated from everything else.
Clockwise from top left: an off-white shade, a dark brown, a peachy rose, and a bronze-y light brown. All of them are shimmery and seem to be infused with a golden base. The two shades on the right vertical column are comparatively more pigmented than the off-white and bronze-y brown on the left.
The powder applies so sheer that there is almost no color payoff with a single swatch, as illustrated above. I can hardly make out any color except the shimmers. However, the colors can be slowly built up to achieve one's desired effect. I can say this is a versatile palette as the rose color can serve as a blush and the brown on the rightmost upper corner serves as the main bronzer because it offers the most pigment. The sheer bronze with the largest cut serves an all-over diffuser for the bronzer, while the cream shimmery powder on top lightens areas on the face.
I do love the huge plunger for opening the case.
It was quite tricky to use this palette, and I honestly did not enjoy it as much as I intended to. I find that most bronzers do not go well with my medium-fair, yellow-based Chinese skintone (NC 20), and unfortunately this palette isn't exempt. Applied too sheerly, I might as well not have put any on for I can't see the difference; applied a little more heavily and my makeup looks muddy. Otherwise, I am quite sure the light, beautiful shades of this palette will show up better on porcelain gals.
No comments:
Post a Comment