I would say Lancome Juicy Tubes was my first "grown-up" cosmetics, but receiving a MAC Paints eyeshadow (now discontinued) for my 17th birthday was the bomb that kick-started my passion for makeup. It is for this reason that most of my makeup firsts were from MAC - blushes, eyeliners, powders, eyeshadows, lipsticks, brushes, strangely, but never any of their famous foundations. However, as I delved deeper into makeup, I have since abandoned the brand except for its range of brushes, which to me are one of the best in the market. I have only a few MAC items left in my vanity, and one of them is this lipstick in Russian Red.
I got it through the Back2MAC program. It is one of the famous reds under MAC's matte formula. Even though I have only worn this shade out once, I love everything about it.
Russian Red leans on the cooler side of reds (perhaps of the cold winters in Russia?). In all honesty, this shade is hard to pull off without fault on my yellow-based skin. However, it reminds me so much of the "Red" shade in my childhood Crayola set - a dark, vibrant red. When I look at this MAC tube, I see my red crayon and I truly like the interpretation.
It is a household name among makeup devotees for the long time it has been in MAC's permanent collection. For those who love reds, this classic will do you no wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment