I grew up accustomed to seeing my mother use branded cosmetics, and Dior was one of her staple lipsticks. In one of her rare moments to share ideas that would genuinely do someone good, she disclosed that Estee Lauder and Christian Dior make the best lipsticks in the market. Of course, this was during her time, and though it is still true today, many other brands can now hold their own in terms of lipstick quality. Among Japanese brands, Shiseido Maquillage is widely regarded as the lipstick connoisseur.
Seen here from left to right are Rouge Dior in Pink Scene 568, Maquillage Moisture Rouge (Color On Type) in BE231, and Maquillage Lasting Climax Rouge in RS208.
Among the three, Dior feels the most luxurious with its sturdy and heavy packaging. The dark blue quilted design also adds to its chicness and elegance. Both Maquillage lipsticks have bejeweled caps on top, but the Moisture Rouge is made of the flimsiest material. The Lasting Climax Rouge has a sleek, solid feel to it, which I quite like. These Maquillage lipsticks were all released two or three years ago, but I believe the ranges are still sold on adambeauty.
Shades of mauve, beige, and pink.
Rouge Dior (on the left) applies so easily, like velvet coating the lips with rich color right away. The above color was swatched only once. Pink Scene is a rosy mauve veering on violet speckled with gold. I wouldn't say this is an every day lipstick. It is a more dramatic color therefore I would usually wear it for evening affairs paired with a dress in the purple/black family. I also like that this is a moisturizing lipstick.
In the middle, Maquillage M Rouge in BE231, is my go-to lipstick for a pale look. The nude in it is balanced with a peachy orange so it does not wash out the complexion. Japanese lipsticks are more often sheerer than their Western counterparts. This was swatched around four times. It can be drying on the lips, that is why I always apply a lip balm before hand.
Lasting Climax Rouge in RS208 on the right is a very cool toned pink/rose lipstick. It is great for a rosy pale look. This one is moisturizing, but the color applies on the sheer side. It was swatched four to five times.
No comments:
Post a Comment