Monday, June 20, 2011

Bourjois Ombre Stretch Eye Shadow in 13 Black Glitter

Bourjois is one of my favorite brands in the world. It also happens to be over one hundred years old. The fact that it is under Chanel's umbrella is a huge plus too. Much focus has been put on Bourjois' blushes in those little round cases. However, for a change, I shall be reviewing one of their eyeshadows. 
Those familiar with the brand would know that Bourjois also does eyeshadows in the round pots. The Ombre Stretch series belongs to another range of its eyeshadows. I really like the design of this packaging. You can see that the case has speckles of glitter on it because the shade is called Black Glitter. This is a thoughtful touch that makes a lot of difference.
The shadow is pressed into a thin rectangular shape accompanied by a similarly long eyeshadow brush with a clear handle. The brush is actually quite soft and tapered well. 
Here is a swatch using the brush in 2~3 swipes. This shadow can be messy (see the fall outs on top and most evidently in the bottom?), but with careful application, I think Black Glitter is a worthy shade. This works great for smoky eye looks because the shimmer is not all over the shadow. The black retains its matte finish, even if there are tiny specks of glitter on it. I like that the shimmers do not overpower the matte quality of the shadow at the same time also helping it not to be so flat.
The mirror is a nice touch too. My only complaint is that the case is hard to open. The push mechanism in the center is not that well-made. I guess one can forgo these little packaging glitches for a brand that delivers quality products at such reasonable prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment