I have forgotten how useful an essence/serum is to maintaining healthy skin. There was a time when I applied moisturizer straight on after cleansing and wondered about the change. Sometimes I can skip moisturizer (actually, I do skip it in the morning) with only the Marine-Bright Formula Essence/Serum and my skin is satisfied. Essences/serums penetrate deeper into the epidermis and thus deliver their more potent ingredients within the layers of our skin. There is a considerable difference when I skip serum and only apply moisturizer. So between the two I'd go for the serum, but in the evening do top up with moisturizer.
It comes in a 30ml white plastic container. Shiny, shiny. I like the lock mechanism on the cap. I think M.A.C.'s skin care products are very well-designed -- practical and visually appealing.
It's made in Japan, which to me translates to higher quality. Not all of M.A.C.'s skincare are manufactured there though.
It's a cloudy type of fluid that spreads easily and dries down to a very slight sticky finish. I'm currently using three pumps of this serum day and night right after cleansing. I've noticed a significant change in skin texture since using this -- way, way softer. I like it mainly because it performs well on the moisturizing aspect, and that it contains antioxidants. I also appreciate the fact that this didn't break my skin out at all. But if you are looking for more targeted results from this serum, such as reducing redness and pore size, it doesn't work that far.
Product description above.
Ingredients list. Overall, non-sensitive skin types wouldn't go wrong with this serum. It does what a proper serum is supposed to do. But sensitive skin types may find that this doesn't address redness/calming issues, and may want to look further if those are their primary concerns.



No comments:
Post a Comment