It's easy to tell by now that one of my favorite brands is Clarins. During a visit to England, I happened to catch their Daily Energizers range, currently unheard of in Asia.
Over there, they give samples freely and happily so. Here, I always have to contend with snotty SAs responding to my requests as if I were very odd indeed.
The small sample I got cleansed my face very well during the wintry time I was in the land of the Queen. It left my face clean, soft, and balanced. So off I went to purchase a full bottle to use at home.
This is the latest range to be introduced to Clarins, and is meant for people from 18 to their late 20s. It is interesting how Clarins is trying to capture the entire spectrum of age groups; whereas before it has only covered the 30s and up market.
I agreed to the above when I first used up the sample in cold climes.
The Daily Energizing Cleansing Gel is a gel-type cleanser containing saponaria and moringa seed extracts to refresh and cleanse, respectively.
As always, a message from J.C.C.
Product description.
It comes in a tube bottle that retails for £10, cheaper than most Clarins cleansers as a whole, but its measly 75ml content makes it more expensive per ounce in actuality.
Once opened, the scent is hard to miss. It is a glorious, lovely scent -- soft citrus with sweet notes that calms and invigorates at the same time. If I could have it my way, I would have all my cleansers smelling like this cleansing gel.
The cool water in the am and warm water in the pm instruction worked very well when I tried the sample.
Alas, back in Manila this cleanser did not work. It stung my eyes, for one, which is very odd for I did not have that experience before. It was also very drying, making my face raw and sensitive to touch. It is really peculiar how the same product can vary greatly in results in different locations. I am starting to think it could be because Manila provides soft water, and where I visited they use hard water. Overall, this is a good product but would depend on one's location/type of water used and skin sensitivity. The product also lasted me for only a little over a month, quite fast for a cleanser which I normally go through in three months' time.
The pamphlet.
Product description.
Ingredients list.






No comments:
Post a Comment