Sunday, December 25, 2011

Biore Hydra-Clear Makeup Remover

After a spot-ridden experience with Mandom's Cleansing Express Cleansing Lotion, I was left without a back-up makeup remover during my holiday in Singapore. Predictably, Biore's Hydra-Clear Makeup Remover was my first purchase during the trip as I made a beeline for Watson's in Ion Orchard.
The water-based solution of this makeup remover was one of the reasons why I chose it among the myriad of cleansing oils available. I wanted something non-greasy to remove light makeup, and this fit the bill in terms of price and packaging (I am a sucker for such.).
It comes in a light blue bottle (200ml) shaped like a flask. The shade looks very comforting and evokes a feeling of safety. The flip cover is easy to close and open. In fact, the packaging has similarities with Biore Makeup Remover for Eye & Lip.
The liquid itself is light blue. I use about the size of a 10-peso coin for my entire face and it does a decent job of removing makeup (always double cleanse/follow-up with foaming or creamy face wash to remove all residues). It has a similar consistency to oil-based cleansers, but Biore's Hydra-Clear Makeup Remover is much, much lighter. It feels really friendly on the skin. No irritations or heavy after-feel. 
It is slightly scented and for me the aroma is not offensive nor did it irritate my sensitive skin.
Overall, this is a great, basic makeup remover that makes a good alternative to heavy cleansing oils, or when you want a delicate cleanser to remove light makeup. It's Japanese innovation from one of the most trusted brands in the world that's also friendly on the pocket.
Notice the thought that went into the packaging -- a clear strip to accommodate the date of manufacture. Love these tiny details!

Merry Christmas, everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment