Gone were the days when the only kind of cotton I used for the face was the balled-up type from supermarkets. As I got more acquainted with the world of makeup, I realized special types of cotton were made especially for cosmetic purposes. The Body Shop's Organic Cotton Pads have been my staple for some years, and although they worked just fine, I also thought they could be better. With some Bench vouchers to spare, it was a good time to try The Face Shop 100% Cotton Pads.
It comes in a sturdy light green box with leafy motif. It has perforated sides for easy and clean opening. The box is designed to be used as a case in itself; it can be closed conveniently to keep the cotton clean of dust and other elements.
I prefer my cotton to be in a separate case, so I got this clear container from Make Room (now switched to Muji's cotton case, which has an attached lid, and two compartments for cotton and cotton buds; more user-friendly).
The cotton is pristine white, cut very neatly.
It has two different sides.
One side has a "weaved" pattern which feels a little rougher compared to the other side. I think this side is used to remove, or "pick-up" makeup from skin. This is the side I use when removing eye makeup.
The other side has a pure soft texture that is more ideal for applying lotions/toners. I usually use this side to remove lip products.
I have absolutely no complaints about The Face Shop's Cotton Pads. These are basic, clean-cut, cotton pads that serve their purpose well. They do not irritate skin. It is also a plus to know that they are sterilized. At P65 a box for 80pcs, I think it is priced reasonably for the quality.
No comments:
Post a Comment