It is most famous for their cleansing water, base makeup / foundation, concealers, and lip glosses. After discussing the brand with the SA, she revealed that Koh Gen Do just launched in Manila on November 2011.
All the Lip Glosses looked delicious, but in the end I settled for the shade in Shell Pink.
The tube is made of soft clear plastic while the black screw cap is also plastic but of a harder sort.
It contains 7g of product which is quite a lot for this is a thick gloss and a little goes a long way. I like the clear packaging because it allows me to see the color right away at the same time I know how much product is left.
The applicator is also made of plastic and is slanted. Plastic applicators are easier to clean therefore less prone to bacteria, which is another plus. The slanted tip (reminds me of Lancome's Juicy Tubes) is another positive attribute because it allows precise application. The tiny hole helps controls product release with a few squirts, which is perfect given the lip gloss' thick texture.
Above is a swatch of Shell Pink. It looks like coral pink veering on the pinker side against skin. But on the lips it looks a lot more transparent with just a hint of pink. It gives off a very natural shade with high-shine finish. The gloss gives lips a healthy, plump look. The nourishing effect of this lip gloss is also amazing. Dryness on my lips are erased with this gloss on; I do not even need to apply a lip balm beforehand. This is like a treatment lip product with the benefit of gloss.
There are other shades available such as Blush Pink, Juicy Beige, and Champagne if I'm not mistaken. Beauty Bar doesn't carry all the colors available on Koh Gen Doh's website. Incidentally, this lip gloss range won Essence magazine's 2011 Beauty Awards :)
Ingredients list above for those who can read Japanese. Koh Gen Do really surprised me with this lip gloss. It's rare for me to fall in love with the first product I try from brands I've never heard about, but the Maifanshi Lip Gloss is one such gem. At P1,050 a pop I think the price is reasonable for the the very high quality of this product. For those who desire natural-looking lip gloss combined with treatment benefits, I definitely recommend this!

No comments:
Post a Comment