There are a lot of good words online about Mandom's Cleansing Express Cleansing Lotion. It certainly couldn't be ignored because of the reasonable price point and the fact that anyone who wears makeup needs a cleanser at one time or another.
This Cleansing Lotion is made to serve both as makeup remover and skincare product. Thus, it comes in many types such as Sebum (for oily skin), Moist (for dry skin), etc.
I asked my sister to help me get this on her trip to Hong Kong (thank you 三姐), and typical of Japanese products imported to HK, it comes with Chinese product descriptions. To roughly translate, it says the product is a water-based cleanser that cleans deep into the pores while leaving a light, refreshing feeling. There are no added fragrance, color, etc.
Except for the fact that I had to add another step of using cotton to remove makeup, I was mighty excited to try this. I've been used to oil-based removers and haven't really come across a cleansing lotion. The feeling it left after wiping with cotton was light and fresh. While it was able to take off some of my light makeup, it didn't remove them thoroughly. I would still advise double-cleansing.
I also tried using this the way I would an oil-based makeup remover, pouring some onto my dry hands and rubbing on my face, then rinsing with water. Do not do this because Cleansing Express Lotion does not mix well with water. As if to exact its revenge, it still sat on my face even after I followed-up with Free & Clear Cleanser. I had to cleanse again, and again, which dried out my skin.
Aside from that tiny mishap, I also developed a couple of spots while using this product. It was a very curious occurrence as I hardly have problems with makeup removers because I always double cleanse. When I stopped using it after two days, the pimples also stopped sprouting. Somehow, there is something in this product that my skin does not get along with. Therefore, I strongly do not recommend this to sensitive skin types. All is not wasted however, as this works as an excellent (!) eye makeup remover for me. It removes eyeshadows in a jiffy, does not sting, and feels clean and fresh.
This is a promising overall makeup remover for people with resilient skin; I would still advice using a foaming/creamy cleanser afterwards and continuing on with one's usual skincare routine. I still don't believe that this serves as the first and final step of your skincare (no such product). It is best for those with sensitive skin to avoid using this product on the face except the eye area. There is a low probability that I would purchase this again as I do not like products which gives me unwanted (and unnecessary) spots.
No comments:
Post a Comment