Neova R2 Serum
It took a mild case of rosacea before I stumbled upon this wonderful serum from Neova. It was around a year ago when my dermatologist prescribed the R2 Serum to be used as an everyday moisturizer/treatment and since, there have never been any problems of skin reactions or flareups that I get too often from many serums/moisturizers (tap on wood x3).
It comes in a light blue box devoid of any marketing gimmick. I notice most Rx products do not bother with all that, which brings a sort of serious and no-nonsense feel to them.
Over the years of poring through makeup and skin care products, I learned one crucial thing. It is to scrutinize the ingredients list of all products, especially skin care, to determine their quality and suitability for your skin type. Ignore the marketing and zoom in on those little words that make up the product. When I saw the ingredient list of this one, I was extremely happy not to see alcohol on it. I learned the hard way that many skin care products, even the high-end ones, contain too many alcohol and chemicals that only end up damaging sensitive skin more.

This serum serves twice daily as step one of my skincare routine after washing the face. The first time I applied this a year ago sometime on October 2010, I was overwhelmed at how comfortable my skin felt. At that time, the feeling was pronounced because it was when my face was irritated to its core. I knew I was prescribed a really good product because for the first time my intolerant skin neither stung nor reddened; instead it felt calmed and protected.
It comes in a medium weight glass bottle. There were no problems with the pump mechanism which is covered by a clear plastic cap.
The serum is yellowish and is liquid-y. One pump, which is enough for the entire face, releases about this much of product. It absorbs easily and completely. It does not leave an oily residue at all.
The ingredients and description are also printed on the back of the bottle.
I do not apply moisturizer after this because of my oily skin type. I follow up with Avene Diroseal and Avene Mineral Cream Sunblock in the morning. In the evening, I do the same routine, only inserting Skinoren before Diroseal. It's been 13 months since I started with the R2 serum and I can say that it has indeed "healed the wounds of time," as its slogan promises. When I look back on my skin condition before I started using this, and when I remember the times my skin had reacted to countless serums/moisturizers, I am only too glad to have visited my dermatologist when things went out of control and for being introduced this product. I still have mild rosacea, but this serum does not aggravate it further; rather, I feel it is helping my skin reach its optimal relaxed state.

Here's a view from the top. I definitely recommend this product to people who have troubled skin. It is one of those products that contain a lot of natural, authentic ingredients that serve just like vitamins for the skin, backed up by science, and offer solid, genuine results.
No comments:
Post a Comment