Saturday, March 16, 2013

EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46

EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46 is a physical sunblock suited for sensitive skin. It has been on my wish list for ages but as it is so hard to find, only got wind of it the past year (thank you 三 姐 for helping me get this). 
It is targeted for rosacea-ns and the acne-prone. Hello! Hi! 
It comes in an airless pump plastic container. The packaging's white, red, black, and gray color scheme gives it a clinical feel while appealing to all age groups at the same time. 
It contains niacinamide (vitamin B3), which helps "reduce the appearance of blemishes, discoloration, and photo-damaged skin."
The pump glides softly, smoothly, feeling very special each time I press down -- must attribute this to its "airless" feature. 
Here it is in its white purity. It is a gel-like liquid, somewhat of a hybrid texture. There is a glossiness to the product not encountered in other sunscreens. Notice the mirror-like shine? I would like to term it "gloop." It seems very futuristic to me. 
Spread out it leaves a slight sheen, but no white cast. 
This product has won Elle's Best Beauty Buy award, and has garnered a lot of positive reviews from people with sensitive skin. I personally found it to be a very gentle facial sunblock. Zinc being its main sun inhibitor, it gave a calming effect on the face. I did not experience any blemish or even slight reaction from using this sunscreen. However, the texture while feeling lightweight, did not sit well on my skin. I can only attribute it to the hot weather in Manila, for all reviews I read praised this for its invisible wear and feel. Sadly, not only did it make my skin oily, it also left a very obvious sheen that is evident for the entire day. But for normal to dry-skin types and for those living in cold weather, it should prove to be a very good sunscreen, the ingredients of which are reduced to their beneficial best -- no unnecessary fuss. 
Above, the ingredients list. 
Product summary. 
An introduction to EltaMD skincare.
Recommended regimen. 
List of EltaMD skincare products. 
The brand has a broad range of sun blocks. Take your pick. 
Parting leaflet. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Is this sold in Manila?
    Tnx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      It's not sold in Manila to my knowledge. I got mine in the U.S. You can try Amazon. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. So, does it works with or against your screen? I have an ultra sensitive skin, with 31 out of 33 allergy types affirmed in prick test that my doctor joked I should live as mannequin inside glass wall. I could only wear physical sunscreen, so compared to Sunkiller Kid's UV Kid's Milk SPF 38 PA+++, which one is safer? Many thanks in advance! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nash,

      In terms of safety, I think both are fairly safe as they are marketed toward sensitive skin. Elta MD is very well-known to be skin-friendly on even the most extremely sensitive skin-types. I can't vouch for Sunkiller Kid's UV as it doesn't have much info. And as all skin are different, I can't guarantee which would suit you better. In my experience though, I got no irritation or breakouts from either. Elta MD sort of soothed my skin, but for every day use I prefer the finish of Sunkiller Kid's UV as the Elta MD was much too heavy for my skin type.

      Hope this helps and thanks for stopping by! : )

      Delete