Bioderma is a French pharmaceutical skincare line the likes of Vichy and La Roche-Posay, where in Mannings HK they are peddled and pitted against one another against one charged, magnificent wall. Though Bioderma has not entered my consciousness as clearly as Avene has, I know for a fact that its non-rinse cleanser Sensibio H20, which I will review in a separate post, is a grand hit in Europe.
The brand has many lines
catering to different skin and the Sensibio line, which easily caught my
eye, is meant for sensitive skin-types.
The liquid is clear and comes in a sturdy, transparent plastic bottle. Bioderma pulls its look as clinical with a touch of style, since it markets its products as dermatological but with a wider customer breadth.
The Sensibio Lotion is
meant for normal to dry sensitive skin. I was wrong to think that, as a
lotion, it can be more forgiving than creams or moisturizers and can
accommodate my oily to combination skin. It is still best to stick to
one's skin type when choosing products.
This product functions more like a Japanese lotion to prep the skin for moisturizer, rather than traditional toners from Western brands that clean the face off excess dirt.
I couldn't disagree more from the description on the packaging. Part of the reason I bought the Sensibio line was because it promised "calming, soothing, decongesting" properties which my skin craves. Sadly, this product did not do any of the above. It irritated my skin -- made it red, flushed, and uncomfortable. Worse, it broke me out. The lotion was the only new product in my regime, so I am quite sure it was the culprit.The bad effects were immediate the moment I patted the product on my face. Definitely not gentle as it claims.
Description in Mandarin.
Aside from Bioderma, the only other brand I know of that thoughtfully incorporates Braille into its packaging is L'Occitane.
The simple ingredient list was a cocktail of nuisance for my face.
Expiration date. This sadly didn't work out for me, but with so much product left the only other use for this was as a body moisturizer -- and that didn't turn out so bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment