Sunday, July 29, 2012

DHC After Bath Hair Treatment (Oil Type)

DHC, or Daigaku Honyaku Center, you may be surprised to know, started in Japan as a translation center. The company is more famous now for its ventures into cosmetics, vitamins, and healthy food. See the US website here for more fun facts. As it is hard to find DHC brick and mortar stores even in Asia, I chanced upon their UK website when in England and saw a discounted offer on this popular hair serum. (Thank you S, for this.)
The After Bath Hair Treatment Oil is a hair conditioning serum enriched with virgin olive oil, squalene, and shea butter. It promises to add shine and tame frizzy hair without weighing it down. The sturdy box it comes in is so beautifully done I kept it with me for quite some time to admire. The font and colors are well-coordinated, adding a dreamy quality to the packaging. The shining stars, seemingly dancing and twinkling, give off a magical effect to the overall design.
Neither did the plastic bottle allow itself to be upstaged. A pale pink lotus encapsulates the body which rounds itself up again at the bottom. I'd say this must be my favorite DHC among all its products.
The directions state to use one to two pumps of the oil and massage on clean hair (dry or damp). I personally only use this oil on the lower half of my hair. Half a pump is sufficient, as I found one full pump to be too heavy for my fine hair to handle. There is a light scent to it; nothing to fuss about.
Since I don't have time to wait for my hair to dry in the mornings, I use this mostly on wet hair. It does not feel oily or weigh my hair down as long as I am careful with the amount used. When my hair has dried, I do feel like it has an extra bounce and softness. It is also a tad shinier than when I do not use it. Sometimes it tames the frizzy strands, but most times it doesn't. It can't give the sleek-straight effect a good blowdry does. On the occasions which permitted me to, I found this best used on damp or dry hair, where the good effects were multiplied, and hair was actually less frizzy. Overall, this hair serum is a hair vitamin foremost, and a tress-defrizzer next. Hence the name -- Hair Treatment.
Peering into the box. The heavily-padded carton makes sure the item is shipped safely and arrives intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment