Saturday, August 25, 2012

Bioderma Sensibio Eye Contour Gel

Continuing with my Bioderma series, I present you Sensibio Eye Contour Gel.
It comes in a white box with Mandarin print that must be exclusive for the HK distributor.
The squeeze tube packaging is very sanitary; a good reprieve from potted skincare.
As with most eye creams, the standard content is 15ml.
This can be used both on day and night. An extra perk is it's contact lens-friendly too.
The slim nozzle makes squeezing out the desired amount a breeze and it also helps keep the whole process hygienic.
It is a white cream-gel like texture and dries down with a matte finish.
Vive la France.
Aside from the fact that the packaging very reassuringly noted this product as excellent for sensitive skin, and is fragrance free, what convinced me was the presence of caffeine, an ingredient I had good experience with fighting off dark circles (with Shiseido's Bio Performance Super Eye Contour Cream).
I apply a pea-size amount for both eyes during the evenings only. The finish is clean and not sticky. It gives a slightly soothing effect. One of the best things about it is it didn't sting my eyes or give irritation. I truly think it helps decrease my dark circles and keeps the undereye area adequately moisturized, although I'd say if moisturizing is your top concern, this is better as a morning treatment, as it doesn't help very much with deep hydration nor with fine lines and crow's feet. It does help with puffiness though, keeping my normally puffy undereyes a bit deflated in the morning.
The ingredients list above. Overall, I don't think I would repurchase as my eye cream needs lean toward nourishing the eye area and this product's consistency was not rich enough. For morning users, sensitive skin types, and people with few eye area concerns, this product is great because it acts as a great eye base for makeup, keeps the eye area hydrated, and helps diminish a shade or two of dark circles. It can go the extra mile too -- one tube can last about 5 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment