Sunday, July 28, 2013

RMK Stick Foundation SPF20 PA+++ in 102

I've spent almost half a decade wondering at RMK's Stick Foundation on their website. I was drawn to it because it is RMK, and also because stick foundations are not so widely used. There was nary a review of it to be found, so at RMK's counter I gave my beans and got it to try. 
It comes in RMK's trademark silver packaging with the enticing words, "Choose me, Take me, Open up..." Of course I'd take you, RMK, I have always had a weak spot for you. 
I got it in 102, the second lightest shade. 
I've come to expect the shinier silver trimmings inside RMK's boxes, besides the matte silver finish outside. It also comes with a styrofoam to further protect the product. 
Out of the box!
Here the giant bullet (well, compared to lipstick) gleams like an alloy, with RMK subtly engraved in the middle. 
It comes in a twist up tube that feels quite substantial but not too heavy. 
The product weights 12g and offers SPF 20 PA+++ sun shield. 
Above, swiped once. It is at first glance a medium coverage foundation with a cream-to-powder texture. It settles somewhat into the natural lines on one's skin. 
The shade may be a tad darker and I may have been better off with 101, but on the face 102 translates as a very natural shade that closely matches my skin tone. Had I wanted to look brighter and more made up, I would have strayed from my usual 102 and went with 101 instead. 
The RMK Stick Foundation sets very quickly so it is necessary to be swift with blending or else it can be quite hard to spread. I am always at a loss when using this foundation for on a properly moisturized and primed face, it seems to be too thick for my skin type and just slides off and leaves me with an oily look. When I do skip moisturizer it goes on too cake-y and clumps around dry patches. 

While it may look like it immediately gives heavy coverage, it blends quite sheerly with either a sponge or fingers. I would have to swipe it on the face a number of times to cover the redness on my cheeks and the rest of my face to achieve a unified complexion.

It provides build-able coverage; one can adjust from light to medium to full. However, each time I end up with a not-so-clean look -- a little oily and patchy here and there; also it settles into my pores at the end of the day. It is apparently a well-made foundation as one can feel with its texture and finish; it is unfortunately just a mismatch for my skin type. 
Overall, I find it to be a difficult foundation to work with. Too oily a skin and it slides off, too dry and it won't blend well. Still, it is a good product for the skin type it was made for. 
I would probably recommend this to people with normal skin types. For these people, this foundation offers the convenience of a stick foundation and the lovely cream-like sophisticated finish/polished look this foundation is meant to provide. 
RMK knows base makeup; now I just have to quell my curiosity and know which formula to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment