This is not one of those easy-to-spot sunscreens at Sasa/Bonjour, of which none of it could be found. There was only one left in FreshMart at Sogo, and I finally hunted down a batch on the bottom shelf of City Super. Tough find for a supposedly famous product in Japan.
I love the bright, almost chrome yellow packaging. Even the orange cap is endearing.
True to form as a kid's sunblock, the opening looks like a baby bottle. (Drink, gulp, drink.)
It is not as runny as most Japanese sunblocks I'm used to; in fact it is a wee bit gel-like in texture. This sunblock is well-recommended not only for kids but also for adults with sensitive skin types because it contains zero alcohol and uses purely physical blockers. I do appreciate the high PA rating. For the ingredients list in English, visit Ratzilla Cosme's description of this product. According to her, it can even function as a makeup base.
This 30ml bottle lasted me over three months. It's a good product in terms of sun protection and non-drying properties. It does leave a white cast but goes away after fully absorbed, maybe some 10 minutes. On my combination skin veering on the oilier side, it is a little too emollient. I would suggest topping it with a mattifier such as pressed/loose powder, to remove shine.
Don't expect coverage that of tinted bases such as foundation or BB/CC creams, but it does somewhat even out the complexion, given that one has not much to cover up. It does an adequate job as a makeup base; a specific base is unnecessary in my opinion. And as this is marketed toward those with sensitive skin anyway (adults), one wouldn't want to pile on too much product at any one time with that skin type. No breakouts from this one either.
Product description. Magnified.
Overall, a safe, effective sunblock at a fair pricepoint worth trying. I would prefer a more elegant finish, but this is as good as it gets.


Have you tried Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protector Extra Mild SPF 30 PA+++? It's a physical sunscreen as well and considered for children and adult with sensitive skin use. But now knowing Sunkiller, I'm tempted to give this a shot instead, since it has higher SPF and same UVA/UVB coverage.
ReplyDeleteHello Nash,
DeleteNope, I haven't tried the above sunblock you mentioned : ) The Sunkiller Kid's UV is worth a try if you are serious about skin sensitivity. It does not have the silky slip/feel of higher-end sunblocks (perhaps because of the absence of alcohol and other chemicals that give such texture), but it is not too oily and it's not pore-clogging either.
Thanks for stopping by! : )