Thursday, October 18, 2012

Clarins Multi-Active Day Early Wrinkle Correction Cream-Gel

Let's see . . . my dermatologist is aware I am a product junkie . . . what she doesn't know is I have strayed from Neova R2 Serum (her prescription), and have been slapping my face with Clarins Multi-Active Day Early Wrinkle Correction Cream-Gel instead. Hee-hee!
The Multi-Active range is an anti-ageing line formulated for women in their 30s. There is a slight disconnect between the SA's spiel and Clarins' official words on the box. According to the Clarins counter this range is for women 25 and up, while the official website and box state that it's for women in their 30s. Regardless, since the Daily Energizers (Clarins' answer to 18 to late 20s skin) are not available in Asia, and the Multi-Actives have excellent reviews from sensitive-skin types, I bought this moisturizer when I finally gave up on Juju Aquamoist Hyaluronic Acid Essence and Mandom Barrier Repair Concentrate Serum
The box cover comes with an embossed "C."
Opening . . .
Hello! 
As always, Jacques reminds us of his values from the wings of his boxes. 
The cover is in clear plastic crystal. The body is made of heavy frosted glass. I think this packaging is an earlier version of Multi-Active Day. The most recent release looks like this
Inside is a soft pink concoction of heaven. It feels like whipped cream and smells like a garden of delicate flowers (not sure what, exactly). It has a soft, not too powdery, very comforting scent that lingers only as the product is being applied. 
The cream-gel texture is a cross between traditional cream formulas and plain gels. The result is a mixture that gives adequate moisture without an oily residue, which is what is ideal for a day moisturizer. This left a soft, matte finish on my combination/oily sensitive skin. Even after a few days of use I can see that it has been beneficial for my skin. For one, it did not break me out nor clogged my pores. It also made my skin softer and somewhat brighter (looked less stressed). It must be that the product provided proper levels of moisture because that is the only way that the skin can look balanced and more relaxed. My pores were also smaller because of this. I cannot stress enough the importance of moisturizers. A good one can do wonders for the skin.  
Pamphlet intro. 
Nature most often provides the best remedy for humans (with a little help from science). Clarins has been combining its flora knowledge and technological expertise to produce and market their products. I spot the Multi-Active Day Cream contains ambiaty, which can only be obtained from the high planes of Madagascar (vernonia appendiculata leaf extract), katafray, a skin protectant (cedrelopsis grevei bark extract), nipplewort (lapsana communis flower extract), green tea (camellia sinensis leaf extract), and roseroot, which improves mood and alleviates depression (rhodiola rosea root extract). 
This 50ml jar lasted me four months with daily use. This is a moisturizer that I would recommend to everyone who wants a day cream that simply does the job with no fuss and that also includes anti-ageing ingredients. It comes in three variants - cream gel, comfort cream, and one for "all skin types."
Ingredients list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment