Burt's Bees is an American all-natural (averaging 99%),
additive-free brand that provides solutions for the entire human body. The
first time I tried a product from Burt's Bees -- its famed Beeswax Lip Balm --
I was underwhelmed. A few years and an empty bottle of shampoo later, I ventured
into their hair care line and gave the Very Volumizing Pomegranate & Soy Shampoo a try.
It comes in a 350ml plastic
bottle that is a bit easy to squeeze -- feels biodegradable.
Bottle opening.
The best attributes of this shampoo are its
volumizing promise and its absence of sodium laureth sulfate (SLS). This
concoction includes pomegranate oil, moringa seed extract, and soy. The soy
amino acids are supposed to help with volumizing the hair. The pale yellow
liquid has almost no scent. The lather produced is a squeaky, rubbery kind that
is common in most "organic" shampoos. It cleans the hair gently and thoroughly, which I like very much. It also gives the hair some volume,
mainly because it cleans so well that the residue-free strands become
light and airy.
My main problem is it results to amazingly frizzy hair without the help of a hair conditioner or treatment such as Lux Hair Mask. Admittedly, there is a
Very Volumizing Pomegranate & Soy Conditioner to complement this
shampoo, however I would probably not repurchase because I personally prefer a more hydrating shampoo that I can use without a conditioner every day. For a deep clean, though, this works a charm. Above is the
ingredients list.



No comments:
Post a Comment