I first came across Nesti Dante's Il Frutteto range of soaps at Fortnum and Mason in London. The wide variety of scents to choose from was overwhelming and it ended with sniffing and snuffing. I was very glad to receive the Peach and Melon variant as a gift for I adore the scent of peach and love munching on melon. (Thank you S.)
Nesti Dante is an Italian brand I believe and is known for making quality soap. As described below, the overall scent of this soap is sweet yet not too cloying.
The paper wrap is a product in itself. It has a lovely print that makes it look quite like stationery paper.
Opening the soap...it is a very thick soap. The depth is about two and a half inches.
The soap is stamped with "Made with Love and Care by Nesti Dante at Florence, Italy." Indeed, it must be. This is one hefty soap; it cannot even fit it in my soap case.
It is soft and smooth, very well-milled. When it comes in contact with water, it turns into a creamy lather, leaving the skin amply moisturized for the whole day. I cannot fault this soap except maybe for the slightly steep price tag. But for the amount one gets (250g) and the pure fruit infusions and lack of chemicals involved, it is worth the occasional indulgence.
Locally, I have seen the range selling at First Aid in Greenbelt.

No comments:
Post a Comment