I am of the spotted-kind. I get them every few weeks or so; they never stay away. They don't care that they're not welcome -- they just have to visit me at the very least once a month without fail. You can pretty much change anything now these days except genetics and skin. Well, you can change skin I guess, but I'm not into devouring potions or wielding knives. So I pestered the dermatologist for a good pimple murderer.
She paused for a while before muttering "Klenzit," as she scribbled out her prescription.
It comes in a plain white soft plastic tube with a screw cap cover.
I have to be careful squeezing out the product for the opening is really huge. The gel is translucent in color. This drug is very potent; a little goes a long way. Although it has a tendency to dry out the areas applied on, it is simply the best pimple medication I have ever used, and that is a real compliment, because I've tried my fair share of acne busters from Differin, metronidazole, benzoyl peroxide, tea tree oil, etc. All those took weeks to zap breakouts, but Klenzit? Klenzit took under 2 hours for tiny ones, I swear. I don't even want to risk it losing efficacy by disclosing the great news, but it's really that good (knock on wood three times). Spots are visibly smaller in size after a few hours. Give a huge pimple one or two nights of consecutive application and it will say good-bye with a bang. You can see that it's really gone. As is always the case with unwelcome visitors, good riddance!
Above is an introduction to the product, which is made by an Indian pharmaceutical company. It is stated that adapalene, the drug of choice for this medicine is "delivered to the skin in a controlled time-release pattern after it has been applied." Differin, which I've used before, also goes by the generic name of adapalene, but I did not experience as spectacular results with it as I did with Klenzit, and I suspect it has a lot to do with the different technology applied on these two medicines, despite using a similar main ingredient.
The microsponge delivery system (read still shot above for more in-depth explanation) allows skin to absorb small amount of the drug over a period of time, which reduces or eliminates skin irritations. I didn't experience any significant skin reactions from Klenzit, aside from minor itchiness right after application that goes away in a few minutes. Dry spots are felt over medicated areas, but this is a minor price to pay and nothing that a good moisturizer can't address.
Klenzit has done for me what other pimple medications have never accomplished -- eliminate spots and acne, fast. I definitely recommend this to one and all.
I ALSO HAVE BEEN USING IT!!! AND PERSONALLY SAYING ITS A LOT BETTER THAN OTHER EXPENSIVE PRODUCTS OUT THERE!! MY DERMATOLOGIST PRESCRIBED IT TO ME AND I WAS LIKE ADDICTED ON APPLYING IT SINCE IT DOESN'T JUST PREVENT PIMPLES BUT ALSO TIGHTENS YOUR BIG PORES, MAKING YOUR SKIN LOOK MORE FIRM... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT TO!! SOLD AT MERCURY DRUG STORE PHILIPPINES, FOR 395 PESOS ONLY!... ENJOY!
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you found it an effective pimple buster as I did. I haven't had any experience of it as a pore tightener, but I'm glad you have another use for it.
Thanks for stopping by :)
My derma just prescribed klenzit for my pimples. I really hope this will work.
ReplyDeleteHi Moonek,
ReplyDeleteHope you like it as much as I do : )
Thanks for stopping by!
hi, i've been trying to find a good review about adapalene. i recently had chicken pox. it's been 3weeks and the scars are getting dark now. im so stressed, depressed and frustrated. :c i went to a dermatologist and she prescribed me this. have you tried it on scars? btw, you have a good review here. :)
ReplyDeleteHello Anonymous,
ReplyDeleteHope you fare well with the healing process; it really takes time and patience. I wouldn't know if it works for scars, as I have only used it for the occasional spot and pimple. I do suggest that you consult with your dermatologist, and stick to his/her prescription to be on the safe side.
Thanks for commenting and here's to your quick recovery!
hi, should i use it at night only? how many days will i see the result? i have a small pimples. i think it is white heads.
ReplyDeleteHi Unknown,
ReplyDeleteI usually use it at night only when I am home, but its efficacy is not dictated by the time of the day. For small spots I see significant reduction overnight. It takes around three to four consecutive nights to completely nip the bud. White heads, I presume, are not similar to pimples and would probably need a different method of elimination. A dermatologist is always the best bet when you are unsure of skin concerns.
Thanks for stopping by!
hey, i was given the prescription of Klenzit to get rid of the spots. I am really praying and hoping it works........
ReplyDeleteHello Anonymous,
DeleteKlenzit has been a staple in my dresser since our introduction. I hope it works for you also!
Thanks for stopping by!
hello
ReplyDeleteam happy that you've identified klenzit i had the same problem as yours but ever since my doctor prescribed for me klenzit, all is well
Hello Anonymous,
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear your good experience with Klenzit.
Thanks for stopping by!
hello. i've been using klenzit since june and this week is my 22nd week of medication. do you think it is recommended to still use it? i still experiencing having pimples or i think spots on my cheeks and redness. i dont know why? can you help me. thanks a lot! :D
ReplyDeleteHello Lee,
DeleteTwenty-two weeks on Klenzit with no results seems to be unusual. It is best to visit a dermatologist at this point.
I started using Klenzit last night, hoping that it'll work. My dermatologist prescribe it to me together with Benzac AC gel that is applied every morning, then Klenzit in the evening. He also given me a non-medicated soap/facial wash because some of the soaps in the market may affect the fighting process of the gels. =)
ReplyDeleteHello Mr. Pogi,
DeleteI hope Klenzit works for you as well.
Thanks for stopping by! :)
Hello.. How to use klenzit? All over d face? Or only at the pimple?
ReplyDeleteHello Anonymous,
DeleteIt is a spot-treatment, hence use it only on pimples.
Thanks for stopping by! : )
i've been using klenzit for 2 weeks and my pimples exacerbated. is this a good reaction? i see on the prescription that if this so happen, i should not discontinue using the gel. but for how long would it take for this condition to stop and see the good result on my face? hoping that you can answer my queries. thank you in advance.
ReplyDeleteHello Anonymous,
DeleteI always notice a decrease in breakouts when using Klenzit. If it's been two weeks since you've been applying it with no proper results, I suggest you stop using it and to consult and dermatologist.
Hope you find the remedy soon. Thanks for stopping by! :)
good pm. is klenzit still available in mercury drug store? i find it hard to buy one. :( please reply. thank you!
ReplyDeleteHi Mary,
DeleteYes it is still available in Mercury Drug last I checked.
Thanks for stopping by!
I've also tried this product and it really does work for spot-treatment. I would suggest however that you first consult with a derma before using this because this is a retinoid drug, it's NOT always for everyone, this is most especially not to be taken/used by pregnant women or those considering to get pregnant.
ReplyDeleteHi Retty,
DeleteI wasn't aware Klenzit is a retinoid drug; thank you very much for your heads-up!
Also, thanks for stopping by : )
whats the.difference between klenzit and klenzit ms? i regularly using ms, but this time.the klenzit only.coz the klenzit ms is out.of.stock on mercury.drug
ReplyDeleteHello Anonymous,
DeleteI cannot be sure what the difference between the two is. I've been using Klenzit MS too. Perhaps you can ask your pharmacist.
Thanks for stopping by!