Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Laneige Oil-Free Cleansing Liquid

Laneige Oil-Free Cleansing Liquid is a light cleansing agent used for makeup removal. It comes in a clear bottle and looks very light and friendly indeed. I have to agree that the formulation is mild as stated in the bottle.
It is supposedly suitable for all skin types, and the best part of it is that it is oil-, fragrance-, and alcohol-free. I couldn't find any information about this product (such as description and ingredients) on the web, but I am guessing it isn't phased-out yet as it came as a sample when I asked S (thank you) to get me some Laneige skincare in Korea. I have just finished this 25ml bottle (around 8 days), and found that it removes the light dusting of powder I wear every day. As I do not trust single-step cleansing with my reactive skin, I still follow-up with Free & Clear Liquid Cleanser.
The consistency of this cleanser is light to medium. Although this product is oil-free, it feels like most cleansing oils I've tried. It's slightly thicker than Shiseido Fine Toiletry Cleansing Oil which is quite watery, but lighter than Muji Cleansing Oil Sensitive, which spreads thickly. Its texture is slightly similar to RMK's Cleansing Oil, but are different in scent and "finish." The best cleansing oil I've used is Ipsa's Cleansing Oil (old version), which removes makeup and impurities thoroughly without stripping skin of moisture or leaving any uncomfortable residue.
However, for light makeup removal, this Laneige Oil-Free Cleansing Liquid does the job well. This product leaves my skin feeling fresh and grime-free. It cleans with medium-level thoroughness (still need to follow-up with a face wash) and doesn't leave any stick residue afterwards. I didn't break-out or react badly to this either. Overall, this is a great starter cleansing "oil" and certainly not a bad choice for replacing a current makeup remover.

No comments:

Post a Comment