Monday, June 4, 2012

An Introduction to Peter Thomas Roth

My sister kindly brought home this Peter Thomas Roth set from her trip to New York (thank you 三姐). PTR is an American brand that carries a wide range of products with a heavy leaning on skin care. Mr. Roth, of Hungarian origin, is no stranger to the beauty business. Witnessing firsthand his parents' spa resort business in Hungary, he launched PTR in 1993 focusing on the soothing and healing school of Hungarian thermal springs. See his brand's story here
From left to right: Mega-Rich Shampoo, Mega-Rich Conditioner, Mega-Rich Body Lotion, Non-Irritating Mouth Wash.
These hair products smell fresh and sweet, at the same time never cloying. Great fragrance for my picky nostrils.
The Mega-Rich Shampoo is formulated as a clear gel (with tinge of green). It smoothed some of my frizzy strands and added noticeable shine. This counts as one the best shampoos I have used. I couldn't say the same for the Mega-Rich Conditioner though, as I felt it didn't make my hair feel significantly softer. Its creamy consistency washed off nicely, but there were no significant smoothness noted as a result.
I'm not a fan of applying lotions on the body. The last thing I look to doing after a relaxing shower is having to take an extra few minutes spreading myself with a sticky substance. If I were forced to do this tedious ritual, I'd say give me Peter Thomas Roth's Mega-Rich Body Lotion. For one, it smells divine -- sweet and sharp citrus notes combined. Two, it's more liquid compared to its counterparts, as you can see it oozing out in the above picture. Last, it is not sticky! If only for the high absorption ability, I would always remember this product. May I add that it effectively moisturizes throughout the day. I would slather this on every day if I could overcome the after-shower-lotion-sloth in me.
The Non-Irritating Mouthwash is a different matter. Indeed it doesn't sting and smells very refreshing, but it does nothing in the odor department as say, my current staple, Oracare. Skip this. Overall, I am really glad to discover two gems from PTR. I do look forward delving into this brand more.

No comments:

Post a Comment