Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sizuku Natural Pulp Essence Face Masks

I first read about Sizuku's Natural Pulp Essence Face Masks on ratzillacosme.com. This mask series was on Ratzilla's best picks list, and naturally tickled my fancy because of her stringent measures on skincare and makeup. Sizuku masks come in eight variants. They are manufactured by Love Labo, same makers of the famous Bihada Ichizoku masks.
The eight types supposedly come in varying moisture content. From top left (aloe) being the most hydrating, to bottom right (yuzu) being the least moisturizing. 
Yuzu. They all come in black, razor thin type of packaging with a foil feel. Stacking all eight together would barely form an inch. The appealing layout and design belie the fact that this is a Japanese drugstore brand mask.
 Peony.
Grape.
Apple.
Madonnalily.
Rice.
 Soybean.
Aloe.

The 21ml content is very generous. There was a lot of essence left on the pack after removing the sheet - enough to spread about two layers on the neck and two more over the mask. The sheet is of a thin type but strong quality. It should fit into the contours of most people without trouble. See another blogger's post here for photos of the actual mask. 
 
There isn't any difference among the eight types/flavors, except for (all) the lovely scent. They all moisturized at about the same level. To be honest, I didn't find anything spectacular from these masks, and would say I even had one or two mild allergic patches on the cheeks after taking them off (though this is common for me with sheet-type masks). It provided basic moisturization but I didn't see any extra plumpness, whitening, or shrinking of some pores. 

Overall, these masks offer basic hydration and would benefit those with young, trouble-free skin. It's better to look elsewhere for those targeting more specific results. The friendly price is one plus, though. I bought these masks from adambeauty.com

2 comments:

  1. Hihi! I wanted to say that because of your post I bought and tried the Sizuku masks.

    I just reviewed the Apple and Aloe versions and I sent you some link love in my article (:

    cake-pie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cake-Pie,

    I didn't think these masks were extra-special either. They are best for basic hydration I find. :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete